Friday, June 17, 2011

Nice Shed for Cheap

I was poking around on craigslist and found this 7x8 shed for only $25.00.  I wasn't planning on purchasing a shed but it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up.  I also didn't plan on taking a trip up north but I wanted to have it up there before our next trip in a few weeks and Sunday was the only day I could make that happen.

After church my oldest son and I strap the shed down and headed up.  The trip normally takes about 4 1/2 hours but with hauling a shed it took us 8.  We couldn't go over 55 mph because the shed was on a 4x8 trailer and I didn't want to take a chance of it flipping off .  Also, the leaf spring collapse after we went over railroad tracks and it took about an hour to jack it up and rig the leaf spring with 2x4s.  Eventually, we got back on the road, traveled all back roads to the property and stayed off the highway.  We arrived at 11pm that evening.

We got up the next day, leveled out bricks for the shed to sit on and then lowered it down on the pads.    We have been putting miscellaneous stuff under the camper.  Stuff like, shovels, buckets, boards and so on.  The more expensive items I've been putting inside the camper but now, we can throw it all in the shed.  Also, I can keep my motorcycle up here now.  Before I would need to haul it up every trip.  This is going to be a great addition to our property.

 Strapped down and ready to go from Battle Creek on a haul of over 280 miles.  This was crazy, it wobbled most of the trip but it was fun.

 I used the level app on my iPhone to level out the pads.  I put a 2x4 between the pads and set the phone in the center.  Not the best approach but I was grateful that I downloaded that app today.

 I hooked a come-along to the bumper on our camper and ratcheted the shed down onto the pads.

1 comment:

  1. Tomahawk floodwaters has really good fishing both from the shore on the west side or on the water. Also a favorite for ice fisherman FYI

    ReplyDelete